There was a Hawaii Social Media Seminar in May 2014 and a Hawaii Social MediaÂ Summit scheduledÂ for that fall. Last year the event became the Digital Marketing SeminarÂ and wasÂ held in April. That event was promoted as coming “With a Dash of Execs,” and this year’s event is dubbed “With a Dash of SaaS.”
“There is a convergence between using technology, statistics and marketing working in harmony… online programs are slightly more intricate and the way that we interact with marketing messages have changed,” explains the event’s organizers, Red Dot Productions. “For this conference we’re also adding SaaS and Startup as we bring in experts that have utilized technology to streamline, organize and manage their Digital Marketing processes.”
Keynote speakers include Cynthia Johnson, Rob Lafontaine, Murray Newlands, and Dennis Yu. Other presenters include Luke Tucker, Lynn Miyahira, Jay Hartwell, Todd Robertson,Â Zachary Sinks, Blake Jamieson, and Zach Binder. Guy Hagi will serve as emcee.
The award nominees, announced yesterday, are:
- Eric Baranda:Â Frolic Hawaii, Photographer
- Anna Covert:Â Wind On Water Communications, Principal
- Loryn Guiffre:Â Saks Fifth Avenue Hawaii, Marketing Manager
- Emi Hart:Â Senior Community Director, Yelp
- Carly Hiromoto:Â Hawaiian Electric Company, Digital Communications & Social Media Specialist
- Lane Muraoka:Â Big City Diner, Owner
- Asiana Ponciano:Â Hawaiian Airlines, Social Media Marketing Specialist
- Grant â€œChuggy Bearâ€ Shindo:Â Upspring Media LLC, Digital/Social Media Manager
- Trey Takahashi:Â Hawaii Medical Service Association, Social Media Coordinator
- Amanda Tompkins:Â Social Media Club of Hawaii, President
- Robyn Gee Tucker:Â General Growth Properties (Ala Moana Center), Marketing Manager
- Yancey Unequivocally:Â Empowered Presentations!, President
- Wilbur Wong:Â Becker Communications, Inc., Director of Digital Communications
- Crystal Yamasaki:Â AdStreamz, Inc., Marketing Maven
- Ken Yatomi:Â Hawaiian Electric Company, Social Media Specialist
The awards will be presented byÂ Ryan Bell, Periscoper of the Year Nominee.
The event will be held at the Ala Moana Hotel. Tickets are $150, or $100 without lunch, with a discount available for students.